Changing chargers with button

liamneeson248

Joined Jan 11, 2016
i need to charge a lead acid 12vdc battery and for that i need two chargers
1- 12VDC 4A
2-12VDC 20A
first one is for normal charging daily and second one is for fast charging battery once a 4-5 months to maintain its gravity now the problem is that in my setup i need to install both chargers but i dont know how to do switching with a simple switch
i am attaching diagram which is a rough idea what i need and suggest me any solution
1111111111111.png
as you can see in this diagram that i have ofcos one terminal but if i give it 4A it will send it will start charging battery ofcos but on other hand it will give that current back to 20A charger which is also connected to same terminal so what can i do to prevent that or how can i connect these two chargers but also put a button to select my Amperes whenever i want ?

liamneeson248

Joined Jan 11, 2016
you could use a DPDT switch
DPDT=double pole/double throw
but the thing is how to stop it from giving that 4a back to other 20a charger ?
and what if i wanna control it with arduino what will i do then ? i mean in arduino i can only use relay to change switching.
how will i put two relay and connect it accordingly ?

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Use the switch to connect or disconnect each charger from the terminals..
If you use an arduino use a DPDT relay the same as the regular switch..
DPDT.PNG

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
You could likely use just a SPDT relay, and make the grounds for the battery and the two chargers common, unless the two charger commons can't be connected together for some reason.