Changing an LED light from off to on based on a signal

Trevis Johnson

Joined Oct 13, 2014
How would I change the LED light from on to off, I want to use an AND gate, connecting a signal to the AND gate and then something else for power, but how do I keep the signal on or off? As soon as it hits the signal it's going to either blink on or blink off wont it?

What would I use for the signal to send a 1 and either flip something off and then flip it back on with another 1 for the other side of the and gate?
So
Case 1: (Led On)
Always 1 - Vss
Signal sends 1 - turns on

Case 2: (Led off)
signal sends 1 - turns off
Always 1 - Vss

How can I keep something that remembers this for the second input of the AND gate? What component?

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
There are many ways to using D-type filp-flop.
If you study some more about CD4013 or 74HC74 for the function of each pin, maybe you will know what to do.
as to google "cd4013 application idea".

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Please be more specific about what you want to achieve. Saying something like "as soon as it hits the signal it's going to..." is basically meaningless. As soon as what hits? What is meant by "hitting". What is going to do something? You use the pronoun "it" twice in the same sentence but clearly mean different things for each one. Makes if very confusing.

Is this along the lines of what you want: A simple momentary push button switch is to be used to turn toggle the state of an LED from ON to OFF or from OFF to ON each time it is pressed.