Changes to automotive regulations

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Dear AAC community,

In the wake of the recent change of status of the forum, AAC is now owned by an LLC. Thus the ownership now feels more comfortable to deal with some topics which were deemed restricted for liability reasons in the past.

The first such, previously restricted, topic to be hosted in AAC in a broad scope is automotive repairs and modifications. You are now allowed to ask, answer and comment on all things concerning road and water vehicles, including repairs and modifications. Aircraft are still restricted by default.

However, keep in mind, that as has always been stated in the Terms of Service (now presented as the User Agreement), the moderating team has the right to inhibit and close any thread that we see fit. The main reason for such action, regarding the topic at hand, usually is our concern for the safety of the membership. We will do our best to explain the reasoning behind our actions, as a gesture of courtesy, but we are not obligated to do so.

BillV

Joined Sep 17, 2012
I recently received an email about the "new All About Circuits" and decided to take a look, which led me to this thread.

Three years ago I posted my first: http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/compatibility-question-about-gasoline-immersion.74593/ and was promptly informed that it violated the terms of service. The thread was locked. I wrote the forum off as paranoic and went elsewhere. I haven't been back until today.

It's nice to learn that the owners have moved into the 21st century but I'm going to have to think about this.

Now about my railgun project ...

Hasan Yahya

Joined Nov 10, 2015
Dear AAC community,

In the wake of the recent change of status of the forum, AAC is now owned by an LLC. Thus the ownership now feels more comfortable to deal with some topics which were deemed restricted for liability reasons in the past.

The first such, previously restricted, topic to be hosted in AAC in a broad scope is automotive repairs and modifications. You are now allowed to ask, answer and comment on all things concerning road and water vehicles, including repairs and modifications. Aircraft are still restricted by default.

However, keep in mind, that as has always been stated in the Terms of Service (now presented as the User Agreement), the moderating team has the right to inhibit and close any thread that we see fit. The main reason for such action, regarding the topic at hand, usually is our concern for the safety of the membership. We will do our best to explain the reasoning behind our actions, as a gesture of courtesy, but we are not obligated to do so.
I assume that the articles (for most of the beginner) dealing with automotive repairs and modification concerning road is still restricted. while the skill of this field needed by many automotive educators, trainers or workers. Is this my assumption true) ?

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I am having difficulty in the difference between our languages. Your sentences are very difficult for me to understand. Please try again by phrasing your sentences differently.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
I assume that the articles (for most of the beginner) dealing with automotive repairs and modification concerning road is still restricted. while the skill of this field needed by many automotive educators, trainers or workers. Is this my assumption true) ?
It is true trained professionals would need some of these skills, however, the Maintenance Philosophy these days is the replacement of the ECU, the sensors, and such, that the requisite skills would be how to test the devices and sensors vice "restoring" them to full functionality. The philosophy could be further defined to send the defective component back for "factory" restoration.

That philosophy encourages the tinkerer to attempt to effect repairs and/or modifications on their ECU. Yes, there are aftermarket products where you can replace the chips for different firmware to improve performance.

When the regulating agencies start fining the end user, the modifications will stop.