Changeover pushbutton switch?

Andersons

Joined Sep 28, 2019
Hello. I’ve seen rocket switches that switches to different poles, is there any similar pushbutton switches that operates in the same manner? I need a pushbutton switch that switches from different poles for each push.

Andersons

Joined Sep 28, 2019
I mean like a normally open switch, first push turns on pole 1, release switch turns it off, second push turns pole 2 on, release switch turns it off etc. Like a normally open center off rocket switch or joystick but one push button mechanism to control everything in succession.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I’ve seen rocket switches that switches to different poles,
Like a normally open center off rocket switch
I assume you are meaning a "rocker" switch? Never heard of a rocket switch. Getting the terminology correct helps when searching for things. Pretty sure I have seen what you seem to be describing. Like a rotary switch but a push button advances the poles. I just can't recall who made them.

Ron

Andersons

Joined Sep 28, 2019
Rocker switch yes, that’s what I mean, my fault. A rotary switch or a slide switch but with a pushbutton mechanism advancing the poles yes, I think that’s the best description of what I’m looking for.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
9 Volts is apparently the voltage you are switching, Max is asking the current? When choosing a switch for any application things like how much current and voltage we plan to switch. Those being just a few basic characteristics but likely the most important. Switches get into a world unto themselves between things like contact materials and coating (plating), action types, make before break or make after break and the list goes on. This is why you get a few questions.

I have seen what you are asking for but can't recall who made it or the application I saw it used in. Had to have been 15 ~ 20 years ago. Then you could look at what the major switch manufacturer's have, names like CK Switch, Cherry, Carling and others come to mind.

Ron