Change Frequency on RF Receiver

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Morsol, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Morsol

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Hi.
    I currently is working on a wireless light system for powerlifting. Everything is working as planned, execpt for the RF controllers that I desided to use. The thing is I bought the following kit on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/260813652028?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
    In the believe that I could use them simultaneously, in this case 3 remotes (transmitters) and 3 receivers. But since they work on the same frequency they interfere with eachother. So I have concluded that I need to change the frequency. The picture from Ebay is not correct with the item I got with the reveiver module in mind. I do not know what the one on the picture is called, but the one I got is called: RXB12
    The one on the picture got this screw that is glued, but can be adjusted if the glue is removed, I think I have read somewhere that you can adjust the frequency with that screw, is this true? If so, can I change the receiver module with one that has this screw? And about the remote, I got some 433,97Mhz SAW Resonators, And the one in the Remote is 433,92Mhz, can these be swapped? Even if the one I got TO39, and the other is 4 pin F11? Will It change the frequency?

I got it all to work perfect except this, and I hope I can use the remotes I have.
    Sorry for my bad English
    -Morten

2. k7elp60

Nov 4, 2008
    They work on the same frequency, but they have multiple channels. I could not see how to manually change the transmitter or receiver codes. If the codes can be changed so a receiver and the transmitter have matching, but different codes than the other 2 systems.

3. Morsol

Feb 21, 2015
    Thanks for the reply.
    The way I have understood this is that the transmitter/remote has solder pads on the backside of an IC which set the unique code for that transmitter, and the 3 remotes I have, is set with different codes. The way it works is that you solder together different pads to set the code based on the datasheet for the IC I would believe. On the receiver there is a button that activates learning mode, this button is on the switch board, or the unit that I belive reads the data that the reciever module recieves. Anyway when this learning mode is activated you can set different modes by what button you press on the controller thats what it is, but there is an EEPROM from what I understand that stores the code from the controller it's pairing with. So how I believe this works is that it will detect the signals from the other remotes but will only operate if the code matches with the stored one.

So the paired controller will only operate the paired switch, but the problem is when several controllers get pressed at the same time, or sending signals in the same time frame, wich will happen in my case, sometimes does nothing happen or the other blocks the other signal, or one switch is activated and when another controller is pressed it will deactivate.. etc.

I have sent an email to the manufactures/providers of this product (AOKE Electronics), and the answer I got was that it would work at the same time but there will be some impact, had to compare it to people talking to you: 1 person you would understand clear, but 10 talking at the same time could cause some difficulties. And about changing frequenzy they only provided 315 or 433Mhz.

So based on this I think they are with different codes, if I didn't misunderstand what you meant.
    Thanks for the reply.
    -Morten

Edit: I got the chance to try the 315Mhz set with the 433Mhz and it worked perfect, but I can't really use 315 in my country, but eitherway that would leave 2 controllers with the same frequenzy and the same problems. But then only with 2 remotes instead of 3 :)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  4. Morsol

Feb 21, 2015
    Hi again.
    The remote system I have chosen does not work very good, and it seems that changing the frequency may not be a good idea. As it seems very advanced to get it to work.
    I tested it with an remote I had for some light switches in the house that was marked with 433.92Mhz, and that also created interference the same way.
    Eitherway to get it to work properly I need different frequencies with these controllers in mind.

So I'm very open to other solutions at this point, so my question is: Does anyone know of any good solution to this, or a product that will provide these functions?
    Thanks
    -Morten

5. alfacliff

Dec 13, 2013
    the recievers used in these types of systems are regenerative, and have a very wide bandwidth. changing frequency would have to be done quide a way apart to not interfere.