Change amplitude of oscillations from phase shift oscillator

artmaster547

Joined Jan 6, 2016
Hi
I need some help to create a circuit that will allow me to adjust the amplitude of the oscillations from a phase shift oscillator, any help would be much appreciated
thanks
Art

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Post a schematic showing what the oscillator is driving.

A pot on the output into a voltage follower...

artmaster547

Joined Jan 6, 2016
I essential want to reduce the noise present in the FFT I want to get as close as possible to there only being 1kHz present as a spike and the rest of the graph being a smooth curve

Attachments

artmaster547

Joined Jan 6, 2016
sorry I think I didn't phrase the question properly what I want is an oscillation that occurs between two limits , so oscillation between 1V and 3V

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
"I essential want to reduce the noise present in the FFT I want to get as close as possible to there only being 1kHz present as a spike and the rest of the graph being a smooth curve"

artmaster, I still don't understand what you are asking. Maybe if you told us what the circuit is for, we might grasp what you want to do.

artmaster547

Joined Jan 6, 2016
it's purely to create meets the following specifications:
designing a sinewave generator with the following properties:
  1. power supply is nominally +9 V, but could be ±3 V, relative to a ‘ground reference’ of 0 V.

2.output is a sine wave of frequency 1 kHz (ideally free of any harmonic content) and varies between a minimum value of +1 V and maximum value of +3 V, into an unknown resistive load as low as 1kOhm.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
Ok, are you restricted to a specific type of oscillator?

This isn't homework, is it?

May I ask where those specifications came from?

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
The circuit you posted probably will saturate because all of te opamps are DC coupled. Also, what is the reason for two pulse sources in a sinewave circuit?

ak

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
Pardon me, are you trying to filter, C3?

Pardon me again, I didn't read ALL the other posts on this.

Last edited: