Cement mixer motor

Icarium20

Joined Jun 15, 2020
Hello All

my cement mixer motors given up, just makes a buzzing noise. Rather than just source another one, was thinking to take this apart, give it a clean up and keep fingers crossed. However whist know what the motor is, unsure what the two auxiliary addons wired in on the side are and what they do. Could someone assist me. Many thanks

Attachments

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
If you remove the belt and give it a spin just as power is applied, if it runs it is in the start circuit, capacitor or start switch.
Max.

Icarium20

Joined Jun 15, 2020
If you remove the belt and give it a spin just as power is applied, if it runs it is in the start circuit, capacitor or start switch.
Max.
What is the capacitor and do you know what the two attachments are called and what they do. A regulator was opined by a friend but really it’s a guess

Icarium20

Joined Jun 15, 2020
Max.
Unfortunately no noise or non starting. Am seeing father tomorrow to get a 12 volt battery and will see if I can determine where powers running. Now understand what the capacitor is and the other is the start switch. Will update thanks

Icarium20

Joined Jun 15, 2020
Unfortunately no noise or non starting. Am seeing father tomorrow to get a 12 volt battery and will see if I can determine where powers running. Now understand what the capacitor is and the other is the start switch. Will update thanks
Toclarify further tried with the spin suggestion. Would this mean it’s the motor, not switch or capacitor? However just reconciled that on both attempts to power up, having gone back inside and found that on the main board the corresponding circuit switch to plug I'm using has triggered off. Can only be machine, could this be significant from a cause perspective?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
If the motor does not start due to start capacitor/start winding circuit failure, it draws high current and will usually trip any breaker etc.
Whan you give the motor a spin and it runs, it usually means the start circuit has failed. winding or cap or centrifugal switch etc.
Max.

Icarium20

Joined Jun 15, 2020
I don't quite see either what that will tell you?
I assume you have access to a meter (VOM)?
Max.
Well in the end didn’t matter. Took the motor apart and it’s burnt out inside so a dead end as far as fixing it.

Thanks for your help those who responded,
best regards for now,