Car circuit question, Land Rover antitheft device

Msipos0911

Joined Jul 27, 2020
Oh, I see. Yes its common the motors go out on all types of makes/models with electric wheel locks. You are very lucky it failed in unlock, else its a pita to remove.

Personally I would just replace the motor or use a emulator both are cheap. Much better solution then what you been discussing in the thread.
I will get a quote from my shop but after the motor goes then the sensor then the....rather just get rid of the system like Land Rover did in 07....what is an emulator? Can you link to one I could buy?

Msipos0911

Joined Jul 27, 2020

Hymie

Joined Mar 30, 2018
Having read the posts again – my proposed solution of the relay/capacitor breaking the fuse 18 circuit on ignition power up; if you cannot turn the ignition key to power the relay/capacitor - then it will not work.

A very simple solution would be to wire in a momentary push to break switch in the fuse 18 circuit – positioned somewhere convenient on the dash. Before attempting to turn the ignition key, push the button for a moment.

Msipos0911

Joined Jul 27, 2020
Having read the posts again – my proposed solution of the relay/capacitor breaking the fuse 18 circuit on ignition power up; if you cannot turn the ignition key to power the relay/capacitor - then it will not work.

A very simple solution would be to wire in a momentary push to break switch in the fuse 18 circuit – positioned somewhere convenient on the dash. Before attempting to turn the ignition key, push the button for a moment.
Yes that switch is what others have done. If have to do that all the time then no sense. How about lighting circuit trick? That can still work right?

Hymie

Joined Mar 30, 2018
The lighting circuit option would work, but you need to ensure that loss of power to the fuse 18 circuit while driving the vehicle will not cause an issue (loss of some other important circuit such as external lighting).