Car battery monitor,

jayanthd

Joined Jul 4, 2015
Not yet best ? Make small .3gp video and post it here for me to understand the exact problem.

Edit:

My guess was right. Sorry, my mistake. WDT was enabled and it was not cleared in the code. I have added WDT clearing code. Now it will work fine.

Test it and make small video and post it here.

Attachments

Last edited:

Zun

Joined Aug 6, 2017
Not yet best ? Make small .3gp video and post it here for me to understand the exact problem.

Edit:

My guess was right. Sorry, my mistake. WDT was enabled and it was not cleared in the code. I have added WDT clearing code. Now it will work fine.

Test it and make small video and post it here.

There is at you tube 1.03mb, aac has no video upload,the firm ware is better

jayanthd

Joined Jul 4, 2015

There is at you tube 1.03mb, aac has no video upload,the firm ware is better
Breadboard connection for adc input might be the problem. Solder adc connections and test.

Try attached .hex file. Do not compile it.

Are you writing config words correctly ?

You should write 0x0F45 for config bits.

If this doesn't work then problem is with your adc interface circuit or you have a noisy %V power supply circuit for your PIC.

Attachments

Last edited:

jayanthd

Joined Jul 4, 2015
Thank you, and all connection need to solder
My previous post is updated. Check it.

No need to solder all components. Just solder the components in adc interface circuit.

Draw and post your exact PIC power supply circuit. Maybe it is noisy.

Your 5V power supply to PIC is noisy. 2xx mV is fluctuating. adc input is fluctuating between 1xx mV to 2xx mV.

Last edited:

jayanthd

Joined Jul 4, 2015
Try this .hex file. It will work fine. I have slowed down the adc reading rate. I have put a 1 sec delay if adc value changes. You will get less fluctuation on display even though adc will be fluctuating.

We can fine tune the delay later.

Attachments

Zun

Joined Aug 6, 2017
I dont have a diagram, its my old device i buy,about 500 ma 5 v, then i need 600 ma and above?

jayanthd

Joined Jul 4, 2015
I dont have a diagram, its my old device i buy,about 500 ma 5 v, then i need 600 ma and above?
5V 350 mA is enough for PIC and display.

Only one digit of the display will be ON at a time and it will draw max 20mA * 8 = 160 mA. PIC might need 50 mA.

If you have proteus then just add a 5V power supply circuit to it and add a ammeter in mA range and measure the circuits current requirement.

If you want I can do it and tell your circuits max current requirement.

Zun

Joined Aug 6, 2017
Yes, I think that is enough. 1.5 sec delay is used. I will send you one more .hex file for testing after a few minutes. Did you add Capacitors I mentioned to the 5V power supply out ?
Not yet for capasitor, ok for hex file,thank you