Capacitor snapped from motherboard Supermicro

andreu69

Joined Jul 12, 2023
Recently,i snnaped ,a capacitor,from my motherboard supermicro x9dae...im a newbee on things related to circuits...i try to find the capacitor online for replacement...but is so confusing for me...if anybody can read my post,maybe can guide me to find ,or a link where to find it...many thanks..i attach picture of the capacitor...The capacitor code is the one on the pic...227 SEPC560 -6

Attachments

andreu69

Joined Jul 12, 2023
227 means

220000000 pF

Divide by 10^6 to get

220uF
many thanks for that really..at list i know now is 220uf ..what im trying to see what is 650 and after 6 3..in the pic i mean...would you mind,please to help me out with this?sorry if i bother you.kind regards

andreu69

Joined Jul 12, 2023
No, the 227 is standard notation for marking capacitors. I means 22 x 10^7 and the units is picofarads.
thanks for clarify to me...i really have no idea about circuits..all i do is to try ifind this capacitor...im still didnt find any reference about...i know SEPC is panasonic?? but after SEPC..is 560 6 and separate 3....really desperate to try to find the exact one...

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
It’s actually 560µF. @BobTPH’s suggestion was very reasonable, but Panasonic marks their caps differently. You can get the datasheet here.

1689258812880.png1689258748425.png

It‘s a Panasonic SEPC series capacitor, you can get the at any of the big distributors.

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
Hmm. So the lot number just happens to be a standard value in the correct range. Not disagreeing, just lamenting the unfortunate coincidence.

andreu69

Joined Jul 12, 2023
Hmm. So the lot number just happens to be a standard value in the correct range. Not disagreeing, just lamenting the unfortunate coincidence.
Is ok,Bob...and thanks anyway,to try to help me...i still cant find it..i try already in panasonic website..but i cant see the item...if anyone knows the exact link where i can find it ,i will be very gratefull..thanks Bob..and thanks Ya’akov

andreu69

Joined Jul 12, 2023
It’s actually 560µF. @BobTPH’s suggestion was very reasonable, but Panasonic marks their caps differently. You can get the datasheet here.

It‘s a Panasonic SEPC series capacitor, you can get the at any of the big distributors.
Thank you really for your help...i saw the datasheet..im still confusing ,because theres so many models there...and dont know yet whats the voltage...if is 16v or other volt....i just dont want to mess..is a capacitor from a supermicro workstation motherboard..exactly the x9dae/dai ... i try in panasonic put all the reference wich is 227 SEPC 560 6 i dont know what 6 means......but appears so many with different voltages and dont know which one to choose...

activerfid

Joined May 30, 2020
The closest I could see is Farnell 2354643 560uF 6.3V, 3.5mm radial lead space, 8mm diameter, 9mm tall (original is 13mm tall). Check everything before purchase. If the capacitor has snapped off and it was radial lead you will need a good solder sucker of some sort to clear the holes (I have no idea what skills and equipment you have, the board is likely to be multi-layer and easily damaged).

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
The closest I could see is Farnell 2354643 560uF 6.3V, 3.5mm radial lead space, 8mm diameter, 9mm tall (original is 13mm tall). Check everything before purchase. If the capacitor has snapped off and it was radial lead you will need a good solder sucker of some sort to clear the holes (I have no idea what skills and equipment you have, the board is likely to be multi-layer and easily damaged).
Why isn't the original part closer?