Capacitor Identification- no idea (closed-solved)

BobaMosfet

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Hello all-

I have a gross of these- Here is an image showing face and obverse face. No idea what the value is, except I think they are dipped MLCC caps. Made in Mexico. _Anybody_ know what these are and how to read the markings? They are probably obsolete.... FYI. Dims (WxHxThick): 5.6 x 9.3 x 1.8mm; Leads are 14mm; Distance between leads: ~4.8mm. Color- Yellow; Ink: Reddish (sorry for the blue-shift from the cellphone)

1615996747777.png

Thank you, in advance for any help-

I am by no means 100% sure, probably more like 50%. But I'd say it's more likely those are polymeric PTCs (self resetting electronic fuses) rather than capacitors -- this based on three factors. When I search on the visible codes, the only electronic parts that come up are PTCs. The thing that looks like an 'X" is more likely a logo, specifically a logo used by Littlefuse, a PTC manufacturer. Also, that packaging matches some of those used by Littlefuse for their PTCs. I couldn't find however an exact match for the markings with one of their parts, so like I said i'm not 100% sure.

If the parts appear to be dead shorts rather than opens (as would indicate a cap), I'd say there's a good chance they're PTCs.

BobaMosfet

Joined Jul 1, 2009
@rwmm415@yahoo.com - That would make sense- _thank you_. I hadn't really thought of that because I was expecting the backside to have a angled leg, rather than flat/smooth. I figured the little mark was a logo. I finally got my DVM out and did a capacitance check on them and it goes to zero. I'm dealing with a lot of legacy caps right now (even have some of the old 'tropical fish' caps), and it's hard finding some of the info. Don't know why these were tossed in with the caps.

BINGO- Yep, you are correct. Logo is Raychem. These are old. I've enclosed the datasheet if anyone else is looking

Attachments

Last edited: