Capacitor identification and help

saoirse

Joined Feb 28, 2021
Hi!

I need some help to identify the following capacitors. I bought a Korg NS5R second hand and it was damaged so I need to replace a capacitor.

In the below picture it says BC 10 16V - from what I have searched I think its 10uF at 16V so I found "10uF ±20% 16V SMD,4x5.4mm Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors - SMD RoHS" which I think would be an ok replacement? pic1.jpg

I also have another two capacitors which have slight scoring on top, could these be damaged as well? I was going to replace these while I have the unit open. I can't find what the uF rating is on the last picture as it appears scorched. Would it be ok to go with 27 even if it was 22 originally?
pic2.jpgpic3.jpg
This is my first time replacing these capacitors so I want to make sure I am ordering the correct parts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

sagor

Joined Mar 10, 2019
A 27uF in place of a 22uF should be ok. Being scorched on top does not mean the cap is bad however, so why do you think they are bad? It could be from something rubbing against it. Usually when a cap goes bad, it usually bulges a fair bit, or even pops open if there was a big surge through it. Hard to tell from the photos however, if they are bulging or not....

saoirse

Joined Feb 28, 2021
I remember reading somewhere that sometimes if there are burn marks on a cap it could be bad but I can't remember where. It hasn't bulged and has flat top however there are no wires anywhere near it, it is surrounded by a few other capacitors so I don't think anything could have rubbed against it. I will assume it is OK then. Thanks for your reply