Capacitor buzzing sound

Iodem_Asakura

Joined Sep 14, 2004
I'm reparing a monitor which had the horizontal transistor in short. I replaced the transistor, but when i connected the monitor a capacitor made explosion because i forgot to weld some parts i had unweld. I replaced the capacitor, and now when i turn on the monitor it makes a buzzing sound.

A friend of mine tell me it is because some capacitor is damage. But i cannot find the damaged capacitor. Do you think this is the cause of the sound? How can i make to find the damaged part?

legac

Joined May 4, 2005
Originally posted by Iodem_Asakura@Jul 28 2005, 06:44 AM
I'm reparing a monitor which had the horizontal transistor in short. I replaced the transistor, but when i connected the monitor a capacitor made explosion because i forgot to weld some parts i had unweld. I replaced the capacitor, and now when i turn on the monitor it makes a buzzing sound.

A friend of mine tell me it is because some capacitor is damage. But i cannot find the damaged capacitor. Do you think this is the cause of the sound? How can i make to find the damaged part?
[post=9318]Quoted post[/post]​
Hi,
It seems that certain components of the power supply were damaged by the shorted horizontal transistor. B+ would not be regulated. Besides, the flyback transformer could be shorted. Anyway the first thing you should do is to disconnect the AC line, then use an Ohmmeter, set Rx1 to check some FUSE RESISTORs around the powersupply and around the flyback. Hope that will be workable.
Rgds
Legac

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
You probably already know this - but some visiting this thread might not...

...remember to safely discharge the aquadag using an adequately rated shorting stick - then proceed with ohm-meter checks.