Capacitive Voltage divider

arishy

Joined Apr 26, 2014
In this forum there are a large portion of participants who have not yet gained the insight to understand that a given voltage source will be deadly. Daily there are those who are clueless. And the fact is that if this group fails to clearly explain the hazard some people will die fairly hard. AND we choose to avoid being the cause of that happening. Thus we avoid presenting designs that when assembled by the unknowing will present a real hazard.
We both agree on the safety measures; but this is not the issue; the issue is we are using 240 volt EVERY WHERE. But we are safe. Why ?
We designed the object with safety measure that guarantee 100% safety ( Big IF you follow our instructions). I can kill myself by touching the TV tube if I open the box.). So using 240 v is SAFE. One of the most popular products around is called SONOFF It deals with 240 V.
All I am saying is there is no cheap and safe product that simply take 240 v and gives you 110 Well I take that back because there is this 1600 W travel plug that you can use but it is expensive.

In summary I still believe that Electrical Engineering developers are not giving that 300-90 Volt conversion area enough attention. There is a lack of cheap and user friendly products that deal with this range. A quick look to the dc conversion area will show the difference