Can't find a datasheet of this component

E-Van

Joined Mar 29, 2022
Attempting a repair of a blender (Cuisinart CPB-300C) which lights up but the motor will not start. The usual suspects like motor and thermal fuse are ok and other elements on the board I could check seem fine (as far as what can be tested with a multimeter).
Three are the buttons one that switches from pulse to steady run and the other two are one for slow and the other for fast, so not much to it.
There is only one IC which I cannot find the datasheet for, it reads TG66593A but googling for it led to nothing.

(I know a simple switch with diode for off/low/high can do the job but I would prefer to try to recuperate the board before cutting into the blender case to install it) chip.jpg

E-Van

Joined Mar 29, 2022
I suspect that could be a programmed processor IC?
If so, proprietary maybe?
Wouldn't know, it's the only one on the board, the rest is a triac and the usual resistors, diodes etc, nothing fancy at that.
In addition to the thermal fuse the motor has a thermal probe, the tracks lead to the IC too, the probe itself measures ok to me so I wonder if the chip is not able to read it anymore. I know that they would stop the motor if they read overheating or open contact.
Was looking for a datasheet to understand if that function is possible to be bypassed somehow.
(I'm not sure if that is the problem, just a hunch)