Can you please suggest me the solution for ground issue?

saidhi

Joined Nov 18, 2015
Hi All,
Iam conncteing the two board grounds with a wire.If iam trying to connect other 3rd board ground to one of two boards,getting a large spikes on the ground and all the components which have connection with ground present in the two boards are affecting.
So please suggest me know the solution is there any resiotor or any other component i need to connect for making the ground stable between the boards,so that to reduce the spikes on ground pin.
Thanks in advance.

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
A "star" grounding system works well. The grounds of all boards go to a common point. This common point is normally at the power supply.

saidhi

Joined Nov 18, 2015
A "star" grounding system works well. The grounds of all boards go to a common point. This common point is normally at the power supply.
Thanks for reply,star grounding system works well ,but if the third board is any real time system (like any sources bd player,sinks tvs, oscilloscope ground).
So in real time how to reslove this issue,is there any other solution like connecting capictor to ground through resistor between the grounds will work.pleas suggest me?
Thanks

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
You are expecting too much from a grounding system. When your system frequency becomes very high, any grounding system becomes very weak. At very high speeds, differential communication, like LVDS, works very well.