Can someone help me out with this op amp question?

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
O/P current equation for current amplifier using op amp in non inverting mode.
For a quick idea what you have to do without having a circuit to see, usually you have to sum the currents going into the inverting input terminal. The input currents have to sum to zero. This is when the non inverting terminal is grounded which covers a lot of circuits.
See if that helps, but it would be better if you posted a circuit and tried to solve this yourself first.

It's a little different for a current mode op amp though. Then you have to sum the currents going into both inputs, more or less. You may end up doing this for a voltage mode op amp also if the non inverting terminal is not grounded.

These differences show us that we at least need to know what kind of op amp it is, and a circuit would allow us to perform the correct analysis.

These op amps would serve as prototypes for this kind of problem:
LM358 (voltage mode)
LM3900 (current mode)

I hope i remembered those part numbers correctly :)

BTW there are also specialized types of op amps that do not fit in those categories they have a dedicated purpose that only the data sheet could tell us about. So you can see the importance of telling us more about this question.

Last edited:

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
He is not only too lazy to do his own homework, he is too lazy to give needed information to those he asks for help.

Bob

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
He is not only too lazy to do his own homework, he is too lazy to give needed information to those he asks for help.

Bob
Maybe he finished it on his own and he doesn't need your help. It's a giant leap to accuse him of being lazy. Maybe you could stop declaring new members as lazy or other negative things (see other posts on other threads) because OPs don't respond to your demands for clarifications on your timescale.

ci139

Joined Jul 11, 2016
Maybe he finished it on his own
it is quite common that if you run to a dead end with your problem solving and decide to ask for assistance - your mind still latches through all available options AND . . . as you attempt to form a question the general public could decode - you will notice something from that very phrasing of your request that gives you a new lead . . . etc. . . .

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
it is quite common that if you run to a dead end with your problem solving and decide to ask for assistance - your mind still latches through all available options AND . . . as you attempt to form a question the general public could decode - you will notice something from that very phrasing of your request that gives you a new lead . . . etc. . . .
Yes, that, and he may have posted it on other websites related to electronics with more (or faster) viewers/helpers than ACC offered.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
hi Guys,
Remember the TS's Topic.
Mod
Hi there Eric,

I think i misunderstood the original poster's question anyway. I thought he was asking about the general analysis based on current but then i see this:
" yes I have to derive output current equation "
That's a little different i think. That question is usually referring to the actual output current based on some op amp model that includes the output resistance or impedance.

I have a feeling it doesnt matter anymore though as the original poster seems to have left and if we wants a good answer he's going to have to clear up this question so we know exactly what kind of analysis he wants to do. There are just too many ways to do this and i dont think we should post all the methods (ha ha) :)

BTW i was just kidding about the "We do all your homework" section (har har) i just couldnt resist joking about that a little.

Take care for now,
Al