Can somebody help me make my Crossover singlesided print layout into a Gerber file ?

panic mode

Joined Oct 10, 2011
this is the the top view (with PCB "see through").
green traces are on the bottom (far side) of the board.
red trace or your jumper is on the top side (closer side) of the PCB.
i guess you were missing two vias. they did not

1678843011977.png

maybe 3D view without solder-mask and PCB helps see things better. if this is manufactured as single layer PCB, top side pads and through hole plating will not be there.
1678843247670.png

Jon Chandler

Joined Jun 12, 2008
If you're planning to have the board made, make it two layers. IF a fab house will make a single-sided board, there will probably be an up charge to do so.

oslosl

Joined Jan 13, 2023
this is the the top view (with PCB "see through").
green traces are on the bottom (far side) of the board.
red trace or your jumper is on the top side (closer side) of the PCB.
i guess you were missing two vias. they did not

View attachment 289759

maybe 3D view without solder-mask and PCB helps see things better. if this is manufactured as single layer PCB, top side pads and through hole plating will not be there.
View attachment 289760
Thanks. The drawing I included at the start was unfortunately the back (copper) view, because I thought that was how I should make it. That why I am asking if you could flip it. Sorry. I guess we could also turn the jumper into a front layer copper lane, making it a 2 sided print, and reduce the board lenght to 3.8", if that is cheaper (see other posts).
The picture included below is the correct front view.
front (1).png20230315_153803.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

oslosl

Joined Jan 13, 2023
Thanks. The drawing I included at the start was unfortunately the back (copper) view, because I thought that was how I should make it. That why I am asking if you could flip it. Sorry. I guess we could also turn the jumper into a front layer copper lane, making it a 2 sided print, and reduce the board lenght to 3.8", if that is cheaper (see other posts).
The picture included below is the correct front view.
View attachment 289791View attachment 289792
Please

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi oslosl,
I don't need the whole story.:)
If you were planning just one, then a hard-wired vero PCB would be a quick and easy solution.
When laying the pads for the inductors, allow for the wire diameter and weight.
E

oslosl

Joined Jan 13, 2023
I want to build lots of speakers, but right now I have to build 12. If the number was significantly larger, I would pay others do it based on my specifications. If it was smaller I would just do a pair of prototypes by hand. But making 12 right now, to test the demand, requires that I take an approach in between that, without being too expensive or time consuming for me.

Last edited: