can somebody check this out...

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I got a miss call from this no. just now +234 8062454565
I checked the +234 from wiki and it gave ohio USA...

Now who thinks I can call back to USA when i get a miss call....
I'm in Maldives for god's sake....

So who is it?

AlexR

Joined Jan 16, 2008
How did you get 234 = Ihio?
According to various google searches country code 234 = Nigeria!
Looks like you may have come into some money:D

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
NIGERIA ! :eek: Bullocks.....
My Wiki for +234 gave me this

{ED}
Now if you click the link and if it showed u something else, tell me. I will screen print and show you what I get.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
NIGERIA ! :eek: Bullocks.....
My Wiki for +234 gave me this

{ED}
Now if you click the link and if it showed u something else, tell me. I will screen print and show you what I get.
You should google country code. And you will see +234 is indeed Nigeria

BillO

Joined Nov 24, 2008
Too many digits for Nigeria. They use only 8 digits there for area code + number.

Some thing like +234 (80) 123-567

So, it's still a mystery.

monster_catfish

Joined Mar 17, 2011
A 234 country code denotes Nigeria, without question.

To participate in the noble blood-sport of internet scam baiting, visit 419eater.com, a website devoted entirely to frustrating and confounding Nigerian internet scam artists.

Listen to the audio archives at that website, and you will laugh harder than is medically advisable, I chit you not.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Apparently, we have some readers from Nigeria on the board. :rolleyes:

Don't ever answer a call from a 234 area, as the huge variety of scams that they run over there are too numerous to list; and they think up new scams every day.

It is really too bad that they don't use their cleverness for legitimate business purposes instead. Those fraudsters cheat innocent people out of BILLIONS of dollars annually.

BillO

Joined Nov 24, 2008
Well, it just seems there are too many digits for it to be a Nigerian number. For that reason, it would not correspond to a number there.

Also, is anyone sure that the country code will actually come through on an international call? Maybe that 234 is not a country code at all. It may be some special network number. I have gotten calls from strange number from my provider telling me about service outages. I mean really weird numbers.

Just thinking out loud, so to write...

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
When u say they cheat..I just don't get it.
I mean, are the average guys that stupid. Who would fall for such claims....

We don't have people who fall for such BS.
I still can't believe they are still trying...

Something still bugs me.....why did they call ? What's the point?

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Well, it just seems there are too many digits for it to be a Nigerian number. For that reason, it would not correspond to a number there.

Also, is anyone sure that the country code will actually come through on an international call? Maybe that 234 is not a country code at all. It may be some special network number. I have gotten calls from strange number from my provider telling me about service outages. I mean really weird numbers.

Just thinking out loud, so to write...
BillO....what do you think of this no.
+234 is definitely country code...it is exactly what my phone displayed.

BillO

Joined Nov 24, 2008
Just looks wrong. Wrong number of digits, even for a cellular, and wrong digits especially those ofter the 'country' code..

Like I said, may be a network number or trunk. In that case it could be from anywhere in the world. Even Nigeria, but then it would not be a personal number.

That said, I could be wrong.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
I think Riffraff:D has teamed up with some Nigeria con-men. I wonder how many in this forum that called that number. Not me by any chance. However I will soon get very rich by invest a small amount of money in a African country. Drinks will be on me then I collect:cool:

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Eh! U think I got time to team up with some dumb old Nigerians to con people when I don't seem to find the time for some good nights sleep.

wait a while. I will show the screen print later. I had my PC formatted just now and does not have all the software's installed.