Can some please create a circuit diagram for this board.

scorpio20

Joined Aug 29, 2023
Screenshot_20230829-214153_YouTube.jpg
This is an 8 function led strip light adapter and i want yhe circuit diagram of it can some one please help me out.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!

Someone might take pity on you if you provided well focused pictures of both sides of the board.

Why do you want the schematic? It's unlikely that you can repair or copy because all of the smarts are in the 8 pin DIP which is probably a microcontroller.

scorpio20

Joined Aug 29, 2023
Welcome to AAC!

Someone might take pity on you if you provided well focused pictures of both sides of the board.

Why do you want the schematic? It's unlikely that you can repair or copy because all of the smarts are in the 8 pin DIP which is probably a microcontroller.
You know which microcontroller it is ?

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
You know which microcontroller it is ?
Just knowing the micro will probably be of no help as the code that was programmed into it will be unavailable.
Unless it is a hobby grade device with a web posting, it may be easier to toss the board and have a go at driving the LED strip with an Arduino or similar.
But if it is mains driven, just stay away!

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
This is an 8 function led strip light adapter and i want yhe circuit diagram of it can some one please help me out.
You would have to do what anyone else would do, is revere-engineer the circuit by tracing out the printed circuit.
A very small board so there cannot be much to it ! :confused:

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
... i want yhe circuit diagram of it...
What's the desired end result? Reverse engineering that device is probably not be the easiest path to the solution. I've bought 8-function LED strings for next to nothing in after-Christmas sales, if you're just looking for a replacement.

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
At my very young days we got somehow the wundervaffle - "imperialistic computer". It costed millions, had 16 bits and 16 MHz CLK with so enormously large RAM like 8 kilobits. But the problem was that display card was lost without of any way to order the spare. So my task was to take this card from other identical machine and "make the copy". Oh my.... the card was something 10x10 inch full with some 200 pieces IC, so I made a precision photo in 10:1 scale from both sides and through the light-pan put both sides together until the "adaptation under fatherland manufacturing" was done. This job took about the round year!
Im lucky the PCB in the current topic is muuuuuch shorter.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Welcome to AAC! A closer picture of both sides of the board is needed and in particular of the chip on the board in order to be able to identify it. Or if you could provide the part number for it and the transistor? What are the values of the capacitors? If the chip is a microprocessor, you would also need the programing for it, which may be a problem.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
The 8-pin part is most likely a purpose-built device for controlling RGB LED strings. It won't be available in small quantities since it is designed to be used in the manufacture of boards like that one. Since this part is almost certainly unavailable to to you, there is little reason to duplicate the layout and BoM of that PCB.

Instead, if you want to be able to make a similar device, you need to carefully document all of the functionality of the board (e.g. inputs, outputs, UI operations, &c) and then design something that is drop-in compatible for those parts of the function that you care about.

For example, you may want it to fit into the same case as the original—or not. If you do, the board dimensions, and locations of holes and connectors are important. If not, you can make "improvements" to those things for your application. You might also want to take advantage of the necessity of writing new code to make the various modes appropriate for your use.

In any case, it is exceedingly unlikely that you can make something for less than buying a replacement. Even if you don't consider your time worth anything (it is, of course, but sometimes people ignore this) even the parts are likely to total more than a complete new version of the device would cost in single pieces.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I just recently reverse-engineered one LED sequence controller for the purpose of sequence modification, it used a 8-pin PIC, I had to use the 16F18313 in order to sequence the PMW module to different pins.
If the sequence is known in this case, it should not be hard to come up with a pic program, noting the amount of parts used!