can i transmit a square wave generated by pic mcu using a led and photo transistor ?

Layan_AK

Joined Mar 28, 2017
hi guys ..

I am using pic microcontroller to generate a square wave with a frequency depends on a temperature which is read from lm35 sensor.

so i need to transmit the square wave wirlessly.
can i do that using a led and photo transistor ?

Regards

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
oh, I see.....you were talking to a doctor......and he asked you if you can send a square wave wirelessly.

And you thought you would ask here.

Are you going to call the doctor and get the needed information?

You are not going to get any answers.........without lots more info.

The distance..............whatever you think that means..............can never be "any distance".

So after the distance figure.......we need the specs on the sensor output............and the power available at the sensor location.

Now...............depending on that info........there could be more questions.

AND.....if this is for medical use.........it should be certified. That is a whole different ballgame.

There are experts on this forum that are quite capable of such certifications. However......they can not work on second hand info.

The doctor will have to fully explain the wanted application.

Layan_AK

Joined Mar 28, 2017
oh, I see.....you were talking to a doctor......and he asked you if you can send a square wave wirelessly.

And you thought you would ask here.

Are you going to call the doctor and get the needed information?

You are not going to get any answers.........without lots more info.

The distance..............whatever you think that means..............can never be "any distance".

So after the distance figure.......we need the specs on the sensor output............and the power available at the sensor location.

Now...............depending on that info........there could be more questions.

AND.....if this is for medical use.........it should be certified. That is a whole different ballgame.

There are experts on this forum that are quite capable of such certifications. However......they can not work on second hand info.

The doctor will have to fully explain the wanted application.

thanks a lot for your reply :)

it is just a project for measurements laboratory and only need to see the output on the oscilloscope ^_^
regards :)

Layan_AK

Joined Mar 28, 2017
Have you got your pic set up to where you get a different blink rate with a change in temperature?
I wrote a program to generate a square wave with frequency =1300*T. where T varies 1C each step in range (0<T<=30)
T>30 or T=0 the output always low :)
eg;if T=1 C >> f=1300 hz
if T=10 C >> f=13khz ...

I tested the program and it worked fine ..
but the prof :) asked if we can transmit the square wave wirlessly using a LED :)

REGARDS

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
Sorry Layan.....your last post really confused me. And I believe that we use the same words differently. I don't believe that I understand what it is.......that you are doing......or trying to do.

I will back off and see if someone can help you. Good luck with your doctor. I hope that I didn't confuse you.

Layan_AK

Joined Mar 28, 2017
Sorry Layan.....your last post really confused me. And I believe that we use the same words differently. I don't believe that I understand what it is.......that you are doing......or trying to do.

I will back off and see if someone can help you. Good luck with your doctor. I hope that I didn't confuse you.
thanks a lot :)

the doctor need to reflect the temp as a frequency :)
I dont why ^^

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
I wonder if the doctor is the same doctor as the one in "Can i exchange data between two pics using Led ?"
I believe so and will lock them both pending clarification from them.

EDIT:
New member was using 2 names and will continue as Layan_AK. This thread addresses the same basic problem as this one:
https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/can-i-exchange-data-between-two-pics-using-led.134767/
but with different approaches that warrant keeping both to avoid confusion.

Last edited: