Can anyone tell me what this is between my flyback and the suction cup?

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
That is not a "suction cup" It is the second anode connector for a CRT.
The device in between is probably the rectifier, since the CRT requires a DC voltage while the flyback transformer produces an AC voltage that is not a sine wave.

jkledford212

Joined Nov 18, 2023
That is not a "suction cup" It is the second anode connector for a CRT.
The device in between is probably the rectifier, since the CRT requires a DC voltage while the flyback transformer produces an AC voltage that is not a sine wave.
Thanks. one more question though, I have another one that is similar but it has 3 knobs, the usual 2 red wires and a white one with the knob labeled "H", I haven't encountered one like it. Do you know what the white one labeled "H" is for?

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
That "KNOB" may actually be a connector for hooking to the horizontal output tube, if it is a flyback for a tube type CRT system. The red ones would connect to the top of high voltage rectifier tubes.

jkledford212

Joined Nov 18, 2023
17003605155941615967451595612945.jpghere is a picture, from bottom to top screen, focus, H. The model of the flyback is fuj-34h002f though I can't find any schematic or service manual for the TV it came out of. The model on the rectifier is fuj-29c002c(s) when I look it up it says its a HV block

Last edited:

ronsimpson

Joined Oct 7, 2019
On high end TVs and monitors we need to keep the high voltage constant with different loads. So, a load resistor was added to keep some load on the transformer. Sometime a capacitor was added to reduce ripple. Some monitors had a way of regulating the HV supply. This used a PWM that needed to see the HV. A voltage divider was added. Patent number: 4614899

I have transformers that look just like that where the extra piece in the HV wire has a capacitor and a voltage divider that also loads down the HV.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
It may be an adjustment for a "focus" voltage, as some TV CRT applications used a fairly high voltage to focus the electron beam, and a small bit of the flyback transformer output could be used to supply that very low current requirement. And for some few CRTs there may even have been a "beam accelerator" electrode in the CRT. OR, if the transformer was a universal replacement device,another second adjustment could have been an adjustment for feedback, or even the "boost" voltage, which I have seen referenced but not studied. CRT circuits are sometimes rather amazing, although currently rather obsolete.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012

jkledford212

Joined Nov 18, 2023
IMG_20231118_115402950_HDR.jpgyes it is, this is model it came from. I found a service manual that I can buy from Samsung but nothing online with any info. Is that why it has the separate piece between the flyback and anode? I still haven't found a concrete answer on what it is. I'll probably end up buying the manual do I can have more info on everything before I use it in any projects

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
The number on the link is where to download.
BUT that TV is a CRT model if it has a flyback and where in the world do they still use TVs with CRTs, which are not the current broadcast standard. OOPS!! In some parts of the world they do not use HDTV or even digital TV. Sorry about that!! It no longer includes location information about participants so I no longer have a clue. It used to be handy to know is a thread starter was in a 220 volt/50Hz place or a 100 volt area or in the 120/240 volt USA. Now I have no clues..