Can anyone tell me what this cable is called?

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
Looksto me like it's a coaxial cable, with some form of connector on it? A side on view might help. What's written on the cable sheath?

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
It's a coaxial cable for high frequency signal transmission, but I'm not familiar with that particular coax connector.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Where would I find a 7kv (high voltage) power supply that I would connect to this cable? or would most power supply’s be compatible?
If I wanted a low current 7.0 KV supply I would be looking at Hi Pot Testers. A Google of "Hi Pot testers" should bring up a dozen hits of both AC and DC units.

Ron

Jon Chandler

Joined Jun 12, 2008
Yes, and thank you. The commenter after you did not.

Reminds me of FaceBook groups where a hundred comments follow an authoritive answer, either repeating what has already been said, or blindly saying something completely wrong without ever reading the correct answer.

It's kind of like "I see a hundred people replied, but I'm sure I know more than any of them and that nobody has answered correctly yet."

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Yes, and thank you. The commenter after you did not.

Reminds me of FaceBook groups where a hundred comments follow an authoritive answer, either repeating what has already been said, or blindly saying something completely wrong without ever reading the correct answer.

It's kind of like "I see a hundred people replied, but I'm sure I know more than any of them and that nobody has answered correctly yet."
That post is no longer visible—mentioned to clear up future confusion.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
LEMO connectors are very expensive top of the line kind of stuff. I'm not entirely certain it would be a good idea to even try. That said: "man's reach should exceed his grasp".

BradleyChambers

Joined Dec 24, 2023
LEMO connectors are very expensive top of the line kind of stuff. I'm not entirely certain it would be a good idea to even try. That said: "man's reach should exceed his grasp".
I picked up this equipment online and would like to test it out, i'm not sure how to connect it to a suitable power source. How would you recommend connecting it? i only need a low voltage power supply around 9v. What is my best course of action?

Jon Chandler

Joined Jun 12, 2008
Perhaps you could post pictures of what you're trying to connect? First it was 7000 volts, now it's 9 volts. This connector/cable makes no sense to connect a 9 volt power supply.

BradleyChambers

Joined Dec 24, 2023
Perhaps you could post pictures of what you're trying to connect? First it was 7000 volts, now it's 9 volts. This connector/cable makes no sense to connect a 9 volt power supply.
The equipment didn't come with specification datasheet, i want to make sure i don't damage the equipment and ensure safety