Can anyone identify this component?

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
Hello there :)You have been a member longer then I. For shame you should know better.
Can you take a wider photo in order to see the other components it is connected to. The type of equipment it was taken from. Make Model number,Year, serial number all the information you have on the mystery component please!

Ironworker613

Joined Jan 20, 2016
Hello there :)You have been a member longer then I. For shame you should know better.
Can you take a wider photo in order to see the other components it is connected to. The type of equipment it was taken from. Make Model number,Year, serial number all the information you have on the mystery component please!
Mod: enhanced your image.E

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Ironworker613

Joined Jan 20, 2016
This is the board it came from. It is from a Aim MyChron 3 Plus racing go kart display breakout. Board# MJB-35/B 2001 production I'm thinking. The red arrow points to where it was. I also can't tell what the pink arrow one is. But most important is the original. There is one other like it to the right of the 12 pin connector in the pic.

Last edited:

Ironworker613

Joined Jan 20, 2016
Hello there again!
:) it looks like an in-house component proprietary!
This is for different model but the components are the same I think you have a lot of water scale on there,it's been weathered or soda popped!
It's a clean board but no markings on the mystery component in question. sorry kiddo!
https://sites.google.com/site/mychron3/mychron3-dash-tear-down
Thank you for your help! How did you find that site above? I have tried to search so many different ways! That is the unit that plugs in to the 12 pin JST connector on the board in question. I think it was out in the weather for quite awhile, the damage seemed worse before I cleaned it.

Ironworker613

Joined Jan 20, 2016
Looks like a TBU protector at firs glance but to know what is connected to it or voltage readings would help.
I think you hit the nail on the head! The two outer pads are series connected V+9-15V in on a known good component like it and the center pad is ground. Having trouble finding any product for sale like it thou. After @Delta prime help and yours I have a much greater understanding of what I'm looking at! Thank You

Ironworker613

Joined Jan 20, 2016
Welp there goes that thought, just read up more on TBU's and none that I can find have a ground connection. I may have been here for awhile but I still don't have the electronics knowledge that I wish I had.

Ironworker613

Joined Jan 20, 2016
So I managed to get the unit powered up and working by just jumping out the pads. What harm do you guys think I could potentially do with it wired like that? It's powered by 6 AAA batteries in series.

Juhahoo

Joined Jun 3, 2019
So I managed to get the unit powered up and working by just jumping out the pads. What harm do you guys think I could potentially do with it wired like that? It's powered by 6 AAA batteries in series.
Nothing, filter components basically prevent EMI spreading out/in.