C# Windows forms help needed

hunterage2000

Joined May 2, 2010
Hi,

Can any experienced .Net framework Developer tell me how you learned to use the .Net framework with C#.

Is it a case of knowing what you want to do i.e. setup serial comms between a microcontroller and a PC GUI then reading through the .Net Framework reference guide on the web?.

Ian Rogers

Joined Dec 12, 2012
I tried to do this some time back!! I could not get my head around "safe threads" Every time I wanted to parse a serial event, " computer said no!!!" I ended up with Lazarus.... Far better for my purposes... There was help from the guy's at my other forum, but .net really got on my left testicle....

I only mention this as I was looking for a good RAD tool ( similar to VB6 )

Sorry if it doesn't help!!

george4657

Joined Apr 12, 2016
C# allows the advanced uses of C++ without having to become an expert in C++ which I find is a very long learning curve.
C# is visual basic using C type syntax so if you are experienced in C it is easy except you should not try to use pointers.
The best way to learn c# is to load sample programs and single step through them to see how they work. There are lots of samples and tutorials around. Your learning curve will depend on your previous experience.

George

MrSoftware

Joined Oct 29, 2013
Reading/writing to serial in C# should be relatively strait forward. If you know what you want to do then just start googling. Maybe start with a google for C# open COM port, or C# serial port example.