Bypass/Decoupling Capacitors

K7BDD

Joined May 7, 2021
Even though the former thread on this subject is closed, I had to post my 2 cents worth.
This subject is a significant part of my education and experience in general electronics - power and RF alike.
I could write a book about this kind of stuff - partly because I just understand it at some deep level, and due to living in the world of keeping AC out of my DC and vice versa.

I have forgotten so much over the years, so forgive the spotty info, but what does come to mind is triggered by the former discussion.

I have seen and used very low series resistance with power rectifiers, for surge stabilization and current regulation, as well as high resistance in parallel to electrolytics and diodes as parasitic and surge supression. Picked up most of this from working on Radio Transmitters, and old radio equipment from the 1930s.

I'm not the brighest light bulb in the string, but one thing taught to me over and over is that simplicity in both maintenance and design is the best way to go. That ethic provides robust and sane outcomes.

Just sharing what is left inside my rattling cranium.

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
I'm not the brighest light bulb in the string, but one thing taught to me over and over is that simplicity in both maintenance and design is the best way to go. That ethic provides robust and sane outcomes
Hello there welcome to AAC! :) Thank you for passing on, transmitting and bestowing your knowledge on to me,as well as the entire world. Imparting your wisdom to us all, insures that you have won some small victory for humanity, something to which I aspire too.
You are my new hero!