Buyer Beware

BobaMosfet

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Love videos like this. I learn more from people who can do this than almost anything else. Thank God for smart people who like to share.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
This is exactly why I cringe every time somebody on this site recommends something really cheap from Amazon or e-bay.

How do you know the TS bought from Amazon or eBay?

I have bought plenty of parts from Ebay and they have always worked fine for my purposes. It is buyer beware. Find a couple sellers you can trust and stick with them.

philba

Joined Aug 17, 2017
In general, I am always skeptical of the advertising claims vs what's actually in the product. I bought a remote control switch for my shop's dust collector. The marketing and text on the box said 16A. Open the box up and there is a slip of paper inside that said 12A. The plate on the actual product said 9.6A. I was so p*ssed. Kept it because I was switching a shop vacuum with it that only pulled 8A. By the way the shop vac was not without it's own set of BS claims.

As for ebay/aliX components I've bought, they were mostly what was claimed.

ElectricSpidey

Joined Dec 2, 2017
How do you know the TS bought from Amazon or eBay?

I have bought plenty of parts from Ebay and they have always worked fine for my purposes. It is buyer beware. Find a couple sellers you can trust and stick with them.
I don't and I didn't imply I did. I could have used any sites as examples.

I simply used the examples I have seen given.

And I too have made plenty of purchases from both places without any problems...but I don't look for the "cheap" stuff, and I also stick to the sellers I trust.