Building a dynamic position rc boat ...#2

Spinbuster

Joined May 22, 2021
Do you have specific questions about your project?
Yes, my goal is to develop a system similar to dynamic positionig, the difference is that it would only have to hold its position, not establish a course. The idea is to develop it on an arduino. I need a GPS, a thruster, just to get started. But the thing is, I have no idea on how to stitch these things together. I need some help with the big picture, so I can get started and work on my own, and then again ask stupid questions.

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
A good place to start is to come up with some guesses on how it might work, and do some research.
Nobody here is going to give you the solution, but we'll help guide you along.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Yes, my goal is to develop a system similar to dynamic positionig, the difference is that it would only have to hold its position, not establish a course. The idea is to develop it on an arduino. I need a GPS, a thruster, just to get started. But the thing is, I have no idea on how to stitch these things together. I need some help with the big picture, so I can get started and work on my own, and then again ask stupid questions.
It is usually the opposite.
The person seeking help has the big picture in their head but keeps it a secret for whatever reasons. Then we have to play a game of 101 Q & A to drag it out of them.

You need to take some effort and come up with the big picture.

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
If you are not sure how to do it, check out Arduino projects on the internet. There are hundreds of them available, with construction and programming details included. These include GPS, servos and motor speed control.