Building a Digital Clock using 74HC393 and 7447 and 555 timer

rahul gupta 2

Joined Apr 16, 2016
Hey, I am completely new at building these circuits, and dont know anything at all about ICs. I ended up ordering the wrong parts than what I needed, and have 10 IC 74HC393 and 10 IC 7447 and a couple of other IC's which are gates.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me out and make a schematic for me. I really have no clue what is going on, I could only get my IC 555 working.

Thanks alot and really appreciate it

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Hey, I am completely new at building these circuits, and dont know anything at all about ICs. I ended up ordering the wrong parts than what I needed, and have 10 IC 74HC393 and 10 IC 7447 and a couple of other IC's which are gates.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me out and make a schematic for me. I really have no clue what is going on, I could only get my IC 555 working.

Thanks alot and really appreciate it
Do you want
A) a clock with hours, minutes and seconds for time of day? Or are you looking for
B) stop watch (expecting it to keep precise minutes and seconds) or
c) some type of counter with fairly reasonable consistency to compare two or more different elapsed times of an event with the same "clock".

If A or B, then you will need some type of crystal to keep precise time, a 555 is not stable enough and you will gain/lose about 10 to 30 seconds on any given day.

Instead of having me rehash how to make a clock, google 7-segment display clock circuit to see what shows up. Then we can discuss some details. I'm sorry you didn't order the right parts but you should have done some research before placing the order. An inexpensive lesson you will not likely repeat.