build a watch with electronic workbench

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I see you are going to copy some other persons completed design with 20 pages of information in it for your homework.
Does that mean you need help with Electronic Workbench?

omarbentaleb

Joined Dec 3, 2014
no i'm not gonna comy other persons design it just an example what i need to know is how i can build a clock in electronic workbench

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
What have you done in Electronic Workbench thus far? Have you done any tutorials? Can you build ANY circuit? Can you run ANY simulation?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
So you are supposed to do something in Electronic Workbench and you haven't even tried to do ANYTHING in Electronic Workbench but, instead, want someone to tell you how to do it from step one. Have you even installed it? Do you know how to launch it? Since you don't appear interested in doing anything at all on your own, it seems pretty safe to assume that you need someone else to do absolutely everything for you. Do you need us to submit it to your instructor, too?

ISB123

Joined May 21, 2014
But you need to show us how would you do it.What component would you use?What is your knowledge of digital electronics?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
no i know how to use but i need to know how to build this clock thats all
You need to show YOUR best efforts to solve YOUR homework. We will bend over backwards to help you see where you are going astray and to get you back on a reasonable path. We won't just tell you what to do while you sit back and do nothing. So show your thoughts and attempts to get started and we will proceed from there.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I'm not going to download something blind -- which is what that site seems to be wanting me to do. Also, if what you uploaded requires EWB to view, then I can't even view them. Best is to take screen shots or print to a file, making sure that the file sizes are rational (a couple hundred kB at most) and attach them to your post.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Okay. Thanks.

Now tell us about this photo.

There are four 7-segment driver/displays. What is each one of them supposed to be or do? Don't make people guess or assume or reverse engineer your design. Does EWB allow you to add text/comments to your drawing? If so (and I believe it does), then use that to label the different parts of your circuit.

Note that you have unconnected inputs to two of the 7-segment driver/displays. EWB might allow this and behave reasonably, but in general this is a bad idea.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Look over the circled area of your drawing.

I realize that routing the wires with Electronics Workbench isn't the easiest thing to do, but you would have to take your time to get it more neat and tidy.

Attachments