BTS7960 43A bi-direction issue

wew044

Joined Jan 15, 2020
Hi guys,

I am trying to control a 12V motor using arduino and BTS7960 in labVIEW. Here is the IC component: https://www.amazon.com/watersouprty-BTS7960-Double-Stepper-Driver/dp/B07XD4S7GF

I have LPWM and RPWM connected to pin 3 and 6 respectively.
I have L_EN and R_EN connected to pin 4 and 7 respectively.
Rest is just 5V and ground, straightforward.

In labVIEW, I set L_EN and R_EN to be active. And created 2 control Knob for LPWM and RPWM.

I pretty much got the pump to work. The funny thing is, both LPWM and RPWM just makes the motor turn clockwise. So I am having trouble figuring out why it doesnt turn counter clockwise. Wonder if the board is just bad or if anyone have any suggestions/ideas that would be great.

I attached the labVIEW file snapshot below.

Thanks!

Attachments

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
Connect a PWM signal to both L_EN and R_EN and then set either LPWM or RPWM high (with the other one low) to select the direction.

wew044

Joined Jan 15, 2020
Connect a PWM signal to both L_EN and R_EN and then set either LPWM or RPWM high (with the other one low) to select the direction.
Hi Albert, I am a bit confused.
L_EN and R_EN are just on/off logics arent they? What drives the motor is the LPWM and RPWM, which those should be connected to PWM pins.

wew044

Joined Jan 15, 2020
Yes it doesnt work.
I also tried this way:

connect L_EN and R_EN to 5V of arduino uno. and just have RPWM and LPWM control in labview. The results is the same. Both RPWm and LPWM makes the motor spins in only one direction (clockwise).

wew044

Joined Jan 15, 2020
I meant your way didnt work either. The motor didnt kick on. I expected it couldnt either because i am no longer supply PWM to LPWM or RPWM pins.

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
I meant your way didnt work either. The motor didnt kick on. I expected it couldnt either because i am no longer supply PWM to LPWM or RPWM pins.
The connections you describe in post #5 are not the ones I recommended in post #2. Connect the signals as in #2 and see what the motor does.

wew044

Joined Jan 15, 2020
I also tried your way:
L_EN and R_EN to pin 3 and 6 respectively.
LPWM and RPWM to pin 4 and 7 respectively.

I set high and low on LPWM and RPWM with T/F logic.

Then I attempted the following:
1. set L_EN and R_EN to active. (motor didnt turn)
2. use knob control on L_EN and R_EN (motor didnt turn)

Am i attempting your suggestion correctly?