Bridge Rectifier LTspice

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

With taht one, you will have no overhead and run into the limits of the chip.
Perhaps the LT1076 is a better choice.
It is also more easy to handle as it is alo available in a 5 pin TO220 housing.

Bertus

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi talyad,
In your opening post you said you had to design a linear power supply, with a number of regulated output voltages, is this the same homework project.?
E

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi t,
Your LTS file runs OK, but it is using a switched mode 12V regulator, has the original question for a linear regulator been changed.?

E

talyad

Joined Sep 22, 2020
No , sorry , I used the wrong regulator ,I'll fix it. I am also noticing that it is generating only a positive voltage. The requirement is a dual power supply, how can I use a BFWR circuit together with a center tapped transformer to generate both -ve and +ve voltages?

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
Look at post #8, create a LTS sim asc and post it, I will check it for you.
E

BTW:
In your post #25, you have the Negative output of the bridge connected to 0V, this shorts out the secondary winding on the Negative half cycles.!!!
Check the secondary current in the transformer using LTS....

Attachments

Last edited:

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
As Dick's post #13, when using only 100uH inductance for the primary winding, the magnetising current is around 7300Amps!

I would recommend not less than 100mH, or for a 1H, makes the the winding maths simpler.

Note: the formula in this clip.
E

Attachments

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi t,
I am concerned that the original question you have posted is a little ambiguous.
Can you confirm that you have posted the question exactly as given to you by your Tutor.
E

eg:
I have to design a Linear Power Supply using LTspice.
The power supply is to be driven by the mains wall outlet.
A multi-output transformer with a 1 A secondary current rating i is to be used in the power supply design
its secondary voltages are 3, 6, 9, 12, 15 and 18 Vrms .
This suggests to me a single winding with taps at the stated voltages.

The power supply must use a bridge rectifier constructed from four discrete diodes.
Is this a single bridge rectifier.?

The LPS design is to have three outlets :
±5 V DC at 200 mA, ±9 V DC at 300 mA and ±12 V DC at 400 mA.

Furthermore, the LPS is to have a proper DC ground .