Breaking bad - Electronics ...

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007

Armed with GPS navigation systems, the vehicles could potentially be operated by drug traffickers from anywhere in the world using an internet-device as simple as a tablet. Among those arrested were a father and son, one of whom police say was a qualified helicopter pilot who had the technical knowledge needed to build such sophisticated vehicles.

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
I was watching the news coverage of the Ukraine war, and wondering why it is still necessary to have people inside the tanks.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
I would think that the recoil would be enough to flip the drone. It's simple physics.
I mean something like a small mass ejected in the opposite direction at the moment when the bullet is fired. This would prove more complicated and would add significant weight, of course.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
I mean something like a small mass ejected in the opposite direction at the moment when the bullet is fired. This would prove more complicated and would add significant weight, of course.
It’s called hydraulic suppression whereby the recoil is dampened and converted to heat. There is also gas and mechanical/friction suppression. Some recoil energy is scavenged and used to load the next cartridge. Even bigger problem is getting rid of barrel heat hence rotating barrels or coolant jacketed. That or a very low rate of fire.