BOP firmware for SanDisk mp-3 player hack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schidtztorm

Joined Oct 1, 2019
So did you ever figure it out?
I did figure out that I can't do it with this cheap ZTE phone. I'm in prison so I can't just run to the store and buy a galaxy. Lol.
I'm working on getting one though. Maybe a week or so. In here they are 3k. I'm guessing you also don't know? I have a good idea for it. But I need a phone that will recognize that something's plugged into it.

Mameys

Joined Nov 11, 2019
Yes it can't be done with ZTE because of OTG cabalities. I can add music with no problem. I can also add days to an expired mp3 by shortening the board. But the wait is around 30-60 days before I can power it up. I want to know how not to wait. If you know how?

Schidtztorm

Joined Oct 1, 2019
Yes it can't be done with ZTE because of OTG cabalities. I can add music with no problem. I can also add days to an expired mp3 by shortening the board. But the wait is around 30-60 days before I can power it up. I want to know how not to wait. If you know how?
How are you adding days and music? What do you mean by shortening the board?
Are you saying you can do this with a ZTE? How?

Last edited:

Mameys

Joined Nov 11, 2019
Again you can't add music with ZTE. You need another phone like an LG or TCL then you need the right app to move the music to player and finally you need to make the cord. The adding days doesn't work ever single time but it's basically getting a wire to the positive side of battery and then to a chip on the board.

Schidtztorm

Joined Oct 1, 2019
How are you adding days and music? What o you mean by shortening the board?
Again you can't add music with ZTE. You need another phone like an LG or TCL then you need the right app to move the music to player and finally you need to make the cord. The adding days doesn't work ever single time but it's basically getting a wire to the positive side of battery and then to a chip on the board.
I already made a info transfer wire. Which chip on the board, and which leg? Any resistance needed?
  • And which model player are you referring to? If it's the old Sansa clip with green display, an ordinary rockbox will run it. You'll delete the current firmware. It's relatively easy to do that one.
  • But if it's the sport clip with color display, the firmware is a monster. Real hackers can't break it. As far as I can tell. No one has ever hacked the installed ATG firmware and got it working or off of it.
There's only one way I know that works, and it requires a computer.

Mameys

Joined Nov 11, 2019
I already made a info transfer wire. Which chip on the board, and which leg? Any resistance needed?
  • And which model player are you referring to? If it's the old Sansa clip with green display, an ordinary rockbox will run it. You'll delete the current firmware. It's relatively easy to do that one.
  • But if it's the sport clip with color display, the firmware is a monster. Real hackers can't break it. As far as I can tell. No one has ever hacked the installed ATG firmware and got it working or off of it.
There's only one way I know that works, and it requires a computer.
Send me your email address.

What is the right app to transfer music to the player?

By any chance did you ever figure it out?.my issue is that I downloaded some music via otg cable and ended with doubles of everything.so I scanned it on trulinks and now I'm not able to load more music using my phone
When you scan it to the computer it does something to it to where the phone wont read anymore what version is installed on mp3

Try doing a hard reset.turn the player on let it load all the way.then turn it off.wait like 10 seconds and this time you will hold down the power button and keep holding it down the player will turn on and you will keep holding it till the player turns off.when the player turns off finally let go of the power button the player will now turn on again and it will refresh the memory.once its fully finished and it goes to home screen plug it up to phone and try it now.let me know if it worked for you.

Tat24life

Joined Jan 4, 2020
Try doing a hard reset.turn the player on let it load all the way.then turn it off.wait like 10 seconds and this time you will hold down the power button and keep holding it down the player will turn on and you will keep holding it till the player turns off.when the player turns off finally let go of the power button the player will now turn on again and it will refresh the memory.once its fully finished and it goes to home screen plug it up to phone and try it now.let me know if it worked for you.
Just tried it and it still didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.