Bluetooth Communication

alexpanrui

Joined Feb 25, 2008
I'm working on a project lately. I need to design a sensor with an accelerometer. the accelerometer will be connected to a u-p,and the data will be sent from the u-p to a PC via bluetooth. For the Bluetooth communication, can i buy a USB bluetooth adapter, and hook it to the u-p?Do I need a USB controller IC to integrate the USB adapter with the u-p?thx in advance.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
You may want to consider the Ardiuno BT development board.

I assume you already considered adding a Bluetooth receiver to your PC.

Don't know what your budget is but I did find this link to a board on the Sparkfun website for $150.

hgmjr

Last edited:

alexpanrui

Joined Feb 25, 2008
wow,that's too ex....but thx for ur help...wat i wanna know is whether my approach is feasible or not...will it be very difficult to work with the USB controller IC?

John Luciani

Joined Apr 3, 2007
wow,that's too ex....but thx for ur help...wat i wanna know is whether my approach is feasible or not...will it be very difficult to work with the USB controller IC?
Do you need Bluetooth or do you need wireless? If you need wireless, low bandwidth
communication for a couple of sensors you may be better of with Zigbee. Maxstream
makes a device called XBee which contains a uC and radio. Since the XBee has an
ADC that is all you need to build a sensor node. On the PC end you would use
an XBee with a serial/USB interface.

XBees cost around $20 at Mouser and Digikey. Send me an email if you have any questions.

(* jcl *)

I'm working on a project lately. I need to design a sensor with an accelerometer. the accelerometer will be connected to a u-p,and the data will be sent from the u-p to a PC via bluetooth. For the Bluetooth communication, can i buy a USB bluetooth adapter, and hook it to the u-p?Do I need a USB controller IC to integrate the USB adapter with the u-p?thx in advance.
yes i definitely agree with u dear keep goingggggggggggggggggggggggggg