bluetooth -> bluetooth communication with arduinos

inkosi

Joined Dec 10, 2013
Hello.

For a project I'm making, I am using two Bluetooth modules (HC-05) and 2 Arduinos Uno's. I want to send data from Arduino 1 to Bluetooth 1, which would should then wirelessly transmit the same signal to Bluetooth 2 and then to Arduino 2.

The first thing I did was configure Bluetooth 1 as a master bluetooth module (using this tutorial https://alselectro.wordpress.com/2014/10/21/bluetooth-hc05-how-to-pair-two-modules/). Now one question I have is, when these devices are paired, does that mean any signal I send to the master will automatically be sent to the slave since they are paired? Also, how do I send a signal from the arduino to the bluetooth module? I did this with android before but despite some googling I don't know how to send it from the arduino directly.

I hope what I said was clear and help would be appreciated.

inkosi

Joined Dec 10, 2013
I only realised how this wouldn't work after writing some code. The way I had it was the master arduino was connected to the master bluetooth module, and the slave bluetooth to the slave arduino. But I'm not sure if the bluetooth modules can communicate this way.