- Joined Jul 15, 2021
Hi I have a circuit board that has blown the diode, is it due to too much voltage if so how can I find out what is too much? Thanks
this Is not much information to go on, for your general question, I have a good but general answer: check the datasheet of the diode.
Hard to say without further investigation. Some good quality, hi-res photos of both sides of the board would help. Short could be on the board, quite possibly another faulty component. Though the cluster looks self contained, it could be in external wiring. Do you have overall wiring diagram to cluster (in service manual maybe)?Short circuit after the diode? Would that be on the circuit board then?
Possibly, but that's drive to an LCD so unlikely to have the impact the TS is seeing.The only thing I see is some solder spatter that may be shorting two traces...
|Thread starter||Similar threads||Forum||Replies||Date|
|bluetooth speaker no charge/work with dc adapter and blown diode when charged battery attached||Technical Repair||0|
|R||blown diode in 12v converter||Technical Repair||7|
|B||Replacing blown diode 12v FM radio||Technical Repair||7|
|Blown inverter TVS diode, Repair (?)||Technical Repair||0|
|J||12V DC solenoid valve has blown diode||Automation, Robotics & Control||47|
by Lianne Frith
by Jeff Child