biasing

hardrock

Joined Nov 16, 2012
Thanks ,

The older connex radios were bad about it. The radios i have are vey noticeable, some are louder than others.

hardrock

Joined Nov 16, 2012
If you work on these radios on a regular basis, you probably have accepted it to be normal. which it isn't . It is just accepted
by the cb crowd because they don't know any better. I have a ts-50 kenwood when the mic is keyed it is dead air , with no
pop as should be. It all goes back to the earlier post JUNK!!! lol......

vk6zgo

Joined Jul 21, 2012
You've been chewing away at this thing since January!
Bite the bullet,rip the horrible thing open,& perform BeerBelly's mod.

If it works,write it up on some mods forum & go happily on your way.

BeerBelly

Joined Dec 16, 2013
I tried a 220ufd cap on pin 5 and it seemed to help. This is just a simple fix and something more elaborate could be constructed if it is still too unpleasing.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
I wouldn't give up. I listened to your audio. I have heard a lot worst. I think alfacliff has given you the solution. Adjust the timing a little bit on those switching transistors.

hardrock

Joined Nov 16, 2012
I will be awaiting on the simple fix. Thanks
I run a wire off the external speaker jack to pin 4 on mic which isnt used. The pop is gone on tx as the speaker is disconnected when the mic is keyed. Now the pop is on recieve when unkeying the mic. Any ideas on how to stop it ? Thanks

hardrock

Joined Nov 16, 2012
Finally. The pop is gone, r&r communications in Deleware fixed the problem by modifying the circuit and switching
transistors.