Better solution for heat?

Miracletech

Joined Nov 15, 2019
Do I need a Base pulldown resistor? Because, I added a reverse bias base emitter diode, another collector emitter diode.
And also, The voltage drop is INCREASED at low frequency = High efficiency.
So, I'm gettin' humpty dumpty.
High frequency means more current?
I love self oscillating circuits because they use very minimalist components, Easy to build, And are technical :)

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
There are so very many circuits published for voltage changing that it should be possible to find one that works quite well. It will not be on youtube, probably in a collection of application notes from one of the semiconductor companies. A circuit by Jim Williams or Bob Pease will work very well, as an example.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
The PNP needs a resistor between the base and emitter to assure that it doesn’t come on.

I expect that the diode-inductor-resistor reverse bias turn-off circuit on the base of the NPN does not need a base pull-down resistor. If I am wrong about this (you can tell by base voltage when the base drive goes low but before it goes high again) you can always add some resistance from the base to the emitter.

I am looking forward to seeing a schematic of your circuit as it is now.

Last edited:

Miracletech

Joined Nov 15, 2019
Like Misterbill said, It looks like I have to describe the circuit.
Its the combination of the circuit above but with minimal changes.
1. I'm using a 100K V-R as the base resistor / Frequency adjust.
2. The emitter resistor, I changed to 56 ohms(for the PNP).
3. I added feedback regulation, Just like a joule thief, Using one transistor(MJE13001), One zener(5.2v) and one resistor(10K)
4. My output schottky diode after the inductor is the "SR260".
The input cap- 10V 100uf, Out Cap- 16V 220UF
5. I'm using a Power inductor, With very high saturation current( From a pc PSU)
, Inductance should be around 100UH.
6. my switching transistor is the 2SD882.
Sorry I can't post a schematic, Because of my phone. I'll get a new one soon.

Miracletech

Joined Nov 15, 2019
I'm using three transistors(D882) In parallel.
I think we'll get a solution soon.
Edit: As for the PNP base emitter resistor, Will 100K do the trick?
And also, It looks like a higher frequency means more output current, Because more frequency, More power transfer. Am I right?

Last edited: