Beginner software similar to Circuit Wizard

Valence

Joined Aug 30, 2013
Hey all,

I am really new to electronics and circuit creation/diagnostics. I am looking for a circuit simulator that can show me the current flowing through components like Circuit Wizard does for the stock files without blowing up the components. I want to be able to create my own circuits with the tools and then simulate how the voltage and current moves through components, via a visual representation of electron flow/direction. At the moment it makes more sense to me than the math and theory. I'm hoping that will change after I see how things work in different situations.

I have briefly looked at Lt Spice and KiCad. They seem far beyond my current understanding of electronics. Circuit Wizard doesn't seem to have a good US distribution business model, and the free versions only allow simulation on stock circuits.

I apologize if this has already been addressed in another thread, but I cant seem to find any results in my searches.

Any recommendations on software that can do what I am asking for?

Thanks!!

Valence

Joined Aug 30, 2013
Thanks crutschow,

I will look into that one. I did find something close to what I need in the Java Circuit Simulator, shows the current flow as marching ants and whatnot. Has a modest component selection for the beginner, and its free. Good starting point to get the basics underfoot.