Beenthere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Kay

Joined Feb 10, 2009
As before, you have done nothing whatsoever to explain what is dangerous about my propostion. Therefore, you have imparted zero knowledge upon anyone, and have therefore, helped no one.

Let me ask you something "Super." Did you honestly come to the award-winning conclusion, all by yourself, that I was implying that my life is worth less than a transformer? DID YOU REALLY?? Is that the biggest conclusion that you took away from what I felt was a perfectly reasonable electronics question?

After all of this there is still no understanding in my mind of why 150VDC would be substantially more dangerous and life threatening than 110VAC. While others have put forth an honest, volunteer effort to impart useful knowledge on a variety of subjects, you have done nothing of the sort.

Tom Kay.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
The topic is closed. You will not be given a forum for dangerous ideas.

In one sentence - line voltage is at a lethal potential and has no means of affording protection to a person who comes in contact with it.

We do not discuss such projects.

Tom Kay

Joined Feb 10, 2009
"Super" Moderator;

The whole point of due diligence with line voltage, is

A) Make sure that one CANNOT come into contact with any part of the circuit, by using proper materials (electrical boxes, conduit where warranted, correct grounding techniques, etc.) with the possible exception for those who are dim-witted, er, unfortunate enough to stick their fingers deep enough into an Edison socket to "feel the joy."

and

B) Get it inspected as I did after wiring my home. Anything else is foolhardy beyond even my obviously suicidal tendencies, bless my soul.

I'll pat you on the back for one thought though, "Super," it appears in your last reply that you actually tried to communicate an electrically relevant concept, which you had completely omitted in your first two huffs.

Have a nice day. And maybe a beer. Tom.

Tom Kay

Joined Feb 10, 2009
Hi Studiot;

Thanks for the reply. Of course, you're right, that there are more examples of bad and dangerous wiring (and other home renos) than we'd care to see in a perfect world. Your link showed some beauties.

What hopefully sets forums apart from the staunch, arrogant, sometimes pedantic atmosphere you'd expect to find in a classroom run by some self-important stuffed shirt, is the opportunity to learn about a variety of topics without the repercussions of getting cut off at the knees with little or no coherent expanation as to why. It's like having a parent say "because I told you so." It's pointless and teaches nothing. I've seen some great examples of this in the last couple of hours.

I'll get past this, either in this forum or a different one, but I had hoped to learn about a variety of circuit-related topics in this forum, since this forum is entitled " ALL ABOUT CIRCUITS," not just low-voltage ones. In fact, gaffs like your link showed us, are part of what many of us may be trying to avoid. This is done with something called KNOWLEDGE. Nothing is EVER accomplished with a rap on the knuckles.

Studiot, thank you for your link and reply. Tom Kay.

Status
Not open for further replies.