Battery with low maximum current capability

musabfarooq

Joined Mar 22, 2017
I am working on project in which the current requirement of my circuit is about 150 mA. I am looking for about 1500 mAh battery for sufficient battery life. As current requirement is very low so I want a battery with very low output current capability like mobile phone batteries. Can you please recommend me some suitable battery types for my project.
Regards.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
What voltage do you need?

Do you want them to be rechargeable?
If so, NiMH types are cheaper and easier to charge than lithium ion, but are larger and heavier.

You con't care about the low current requirements, only the maximum current capability.
Mobile phone batteries are lithium ion which generally have fairly high output current capability, even if it's not used.

BobaMosfet

Joined Jul 1, 2009
I am working on project in which the current requirement of my circuit is about 150 mA. I am looking for about 1500 mAh battery for sufficient battery life. As current requirement is very low so I want a battery with very low output current capability like mobile phone batteries. Can you please recommend me some suitable battery types for my project.
Regards.
The battery doesn't 'push' current-- how much current you use is determined by your circuit. All you care about for the battery is that it has enough capacity to provide the amount of current you need at the voltage you require over the time-frame you require.

150mA is quite a bit... are you sure you are putting enough resistors in your circuit to limit current appropriately between ICs/components? Without your schematic, we can't tell, which is why I ask.

musabfarooq

Joined Mar 22, 2017
What voltage do you need?

Do you want them to be rechargeable?
If so, NiMH types are cheaper and easier to charge than lithium ion, but are larger and heavier.

You con't care about the low current requirements, only the maximum current capability.
Mobile phone batteries are lithium ion which generally have fairly high output current capability, even if it's not used.
Does maximum current capability depends upon the type of battery? If so then do NiMH batteries have less maximum current capability.