battery level detector (sensor)

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!

As this is homework, you need to show what you've attempted.

The first thing you should do is read the problem statement again. You have misrepresented the requirements.

20 00

Joined Dec 19, 2018
actually it is a project not homework.
and if I will just show that I have attempted without any positive results I will get zero out of 100.
and actually I have already read the problem statement 10 times. and the problem I am faceing that I have to let more than 4 leds light sequentially as a battery level detector and also I cant use any kinds of ic circuit (except the op-amp) also I cant use a transistor
thank u so much

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
so do you have any idea how can I solve this problem
Don't wait until the last minute to try to get help.

Break the problem down into smaller pieces. If it was me, I'd add in as many extra credit features as I could.

The instructions said teams are 2 or more. Do you have a partner for this problem? What is his/her contribution?

Go back and read the problem description again until you see the clues your instructor has given to you.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
the problem that I can't use an ic circuit or transistors and I just have 9 volts
hi 20,
Looking at this clip from the question PDF, I read it as you can use OPA, transistors etc, but not types like the LM3914 integrated circuits.
I would suggest you post a sketch showing your draft circuit design
E

Clip:
Allowed Components
You are allowed to use all of the equipment which were used in the Circuit Laboratory
so you may use any types of resistors, capacitors, LEDs and op-amps.
Note:
The most complex component of this project should be Op-amp.
You can’t use any type of integrated circuits like LM3914 but you can use different type of Op-amps such as LM741, LM358 or LM324.

iONic

Joined Nov 16, 2007
actually it is a project not homework.
and if I will just show that I have attempted without any positive results I will get zero out of 100.
and actually I have already read the problem statement 10 times. and the problem I am faceing that I have to let more than 4 leds light sequentially as a battery level detector and also I cant use any kinds of ic circuit (except the op-amp) also I cant use a transistor
thank u so much
Try reading about comparators here

jipristt

Joined Jun 4, 2017
Hey,
I see a lot of discussion about using op amps as comparators which soulds like a lot of work.
As a proper, lazy engineer you want go with the simplest (and propably cheapest) solution, so why don't you just use some voltage dividers to drive the leds at different voltage levels?

How?
That's for you to figure out ;)

Have fun!

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Hey,
I see a lot of discussion about using op amps as comparators which soulds like a lot of work.
It's not a lot of work and using opamps as comparators was a requirement of the assignment.
As a proper, lazy engineer you want go with the simplest (and propably cheapest) solution, so why don't you just use some voltage dividers to drive the leds at different voltage levels?
Being lazy in school is the best way to fail.

It's pointless to continue this thread because the assignment due date has come and gone.