battery Charger for 12v

indika perera

Joined Mar 7, 2013
dear all,

i have created following circuit as a 12v battery charger but its output voltage is higher(some what 25v) than the expected voltage which is around 14.5V . So any body please explain is their any faults of this circuit and how to correct it..

Big thanks.

indi

Attachments

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
1. Check the pins connections of LM350.
2. Re-check all the wires connections.
3. Check Q2, Q1, do they work?
4. Does the D2 LED lighting, does c voltage of Q2 close to gnd?

indika perera

Joined Mar 7, 2013
thx..scottwang...yes i have checked several times..my doubt is that lm350 voltage regulator require proper resistance combination through it pins to necessary drop of voltage.. another thing is that variable resistant is set to adjest voltage but in my case it is no longer affect anything to the output..

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
thx..scottwang...yes i have checked several times..my doubt is that lm350 voltage regulator require proper resistance combination through it pins to necessary drop of voltage.. another thing is that variable resistant is set to adjest voltage but in my case it is no longer affect anything to the output..
How is the point 4 that I mentioned, did you measure it, and how is the LED?

indika perera

Joined Mar 7, 2013
led blinks..but once i checked the battery terminal from the multi meter the led again blinks..that means i does not has some resistance..me be it blinks for higher voltage may be 25v fortunately not burn out.

indika perera

Joined Mar 7, 2013
Where is the Vin dc came from?
It looks like the filtering has some problems, do you have O'scope to measure the Vin?
dear scottwang dc input will be given from a 3A transformer with 4 half way rectifiers..dc input has no issue it wil around 17v-24v range NOT above that..
need some help
no i havn't O'scope
thx
indi

indika perera

Joined Mar 7, 2013
i search that lm750 module on ISIS simulating software but coould not found..plz anybody know good software with huge database for circuit simulating..
thx indi