About a mile away, wearing safety goggles!!
In a bunker.About a mile away, wearing safety goggles!!
Why from my local sub station of course.Where are you going to get 150kW of power?![]()
Change the k to an m and I'll believe you.I generate 150kw on an afternoon ride on my bicycle.
Change the k to an m and I'll believe you.![]()
.... so that they can sting you for replacement batteries at frequent intervalsfast charging reduces battery life .... car manufacturers will be desperate to speed up charging rates
Hi,150KW is the about the power level electric cars charge at on fast charge ..."Tesla Supercharging stations charge at 120 kW per car. That is up to 16 times as fast as public charging stations; they take about 20 minutes to charge to 50%, 40 minutes to charge to 80%, and 75 minutes to 100%."
fast charging reduces battery life .... car manufacturers will be desperate to speed up charging rates , so we can assume it's not possible to go quicker than 40 mins full charge unless the batteries have an elaborate cooling system ...
MrAl, are we sure that is correct? 120 kW is 120,000 watts right so 120000 Watts / 120 Volts = 1,000 Amps. Am I missing something in there?Also, what does it take to generate 120kW even. Power is voltage times current assuming no reactive components, so if we start with 120v that means we need 100 amps to generate 120kW, ideally. Many houses have just 100 amp service, meaning that the maximum input current to the whole house is just 100 amps.
...... er, 1000A actually. So no domestic supply would cope.so if we start with 120v that means we need 100 amps to generate 120kW
MrAl, are we sure that is correct? 120 kW is 120,000 watts right so 120000 Watts / 120 Volts = 1,000 Amps. Am I missing something in there?
Ron