nice to be important....

Donald trump jnr

Last edited:

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
ha.good luck with that.

you work in hr so.what are you doing on this site

Donald trump jnr
You are once again showing your ignorance (and arrogance).

Many (most) companies do technical interviews during the hiring process and the people doing those interviews are seldom HR folks. Very large companies will sometimes bypass this for new grad hires because they have the resources to hire a flock of new faces and then weed them out over the next few months. Smaller companies don't have that luxury and want to ensure that any person they extend an offer to has the technical chops to do the work. So even assuming that they even have a dedicated HR department (most small companies don't), they will have working engineers/technicians conduct the technical aspects of the job interviews.

At the company were I spent most of my working career, I was not only the senior engineer, but also the person that traveled to schools to interview candidates. When I was hired the person that came to campus was the vice-president of the company and my second interview was conducted with the president. In the entire two decades that I have worked for them (first as an employee and now as a contractor from time to time) they have had exactly two non-engineers working for them -- one part-time office manager and one part-time IT person. Everyone else, from the president on down, is a practicing design engineer.

Albert Symes

Joined Oct 22, 2015
I know what your saying,it makes sense.a company I know does use hr people to recruit,they have limited technical knowledge and would admit this,its not their job to have that info and that's fair enough.like your saying many do technical interviews,some don't it seems

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
this post is informative.possibly your best here.im on the way to knowing the voltmeter's sensitivity etc
I asked you several time was the term "voltmeter sensitivity" meant. I even posted a link to it's definition. You simply won't put in any effort to find out anything on your own. You want it spoon fed to you.

Well, you need to face some facts of life.

Engineering is all about problem solving. People will pay you to solve their problems. That's the thing of value that you must bring to the table -- the ability to solve other peoples' problems. If they could solve them themselves, they wouldn't be hiring you. If you have to find someone else to solve them for you, then your customers will simply hire the other person instead. If you do not LOVE problem solving, then get the hell out of engineering because there is no future in it for you. Bottom line -- you may not love solving problems, but you will forever be competing against people that do.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
MOD NOTE:

This thread is being closed because the TS is trying to play games by deleting most of their posts. Those posts have been restored because without them there is a significant loss of context for the remaining posts. To prevent further such games, the thread is also being locked. This isn't much of a loss since it wasn't going anywhere productive anyway.

The TS is free to start a new thread, but will hopefully learn from the experience in this thread and adapt their approach accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.