Basic Electricity question network.. Ra=R1 x R2?

-googles-

Joined Mar 9, 2009
Hi, I am taking a basic electricity class and I am confused on something. I think it's called a Network, but I'm not exactly sure. The teacher isn't going by the textbook and I can't find anything in the book that would explain.

This is what I wrote down
Ra= R1x R3
R1+R2+R3

What is this called so I can look it up? Also, are there any websites where I can practice problems? My book has some problems, but it doesn't give the answer, so I'm not sure if I am doing them right. Thank you for any help you can give.

-googles-

Joined Mar 9, 2009
Hopefully you can see this picture. I guess I just don't understand how you get the formula. The bottom diagram confuses me too. If you know what this is called please let me know. Thanks.

-googles-

Joined Mar 9, 2009
Thank you!! He never did say anything about Delta. I looked on the internet for Network, but nothing was coming up that looked like this. Do you know of a site where I can practice problems like this?

-googles-

Joined Mar 9, 2009
I can't seem to find anything on that website. Do you know of another place for problems? Or would anybody on here make up a problem I can try and solve?