Basic Coding for wifi device

mukesh1

Joined Mar 22, 2020
I've never written c codes for WiFi device. I saw some sample codes of RPi and ESP for wifi communication. I don't understand what is the basics we should know when we write code for any wifi device.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
You seem to be at the very beginning of a project, to something! What do you use WiFi for? And what hardware do you want to do.

Rather than try to guess what you want, I’ll offer some general advice for any device.
  1. Define variables that will be used for the device
  2. Get and include any libraries needed
  3. Initialize the device
  4. Initialize the task/ open hr device
  5. Control the device
  6. Close/reset the device.
These steps are common. Until you know how to do these half dozen tasks, learning how to code for it will be difficult. Read the documentation. Read the sample code.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
I've never written c codes for WiFi device. I saw some sample codes of RPi and ESP for wifi communication. I don't understand what is the basics we should know when we write code for any wifi device.
I would be curious what codes you are familiar with and have written, as "codes" is not a standard phrase for this work.

Anyway, I'm currently working on projects for both the rPi and an ESP32. The pi is in Python, presents a kiosk GUI while monitoring and enabling some units during a 24 hour stress test. The ESP is a 4 channel RGBW LED controller controlled using Alexa.

Neither work is 100% orgional, though the Python one is close. Most of the ESP code resides in libraries off GithHub.

Holla back and drop some breadcrumbs about your interest. Working on something that interested you is the very best way to learn.