Basic announciator

nailtherail

Joined Apr 28, 2019
I have a 12v circuit which is mainly logic based, with the odd switch, to create a desired output which lights a specified number on different LED seven segment displays.
There is nothing to stop the push button shown being pushed multiple times, or even how long the push button is pressed each time. Each time the button is pressed, it restarts the timer to a 3 minute countdown.

However, I am hoping to be able to add a basic audible sound (to announce the initial button press event occurring) of about one second via a bell or buzzer, which only sounds when the push button is INITIALLY pushed and then should not trigger again until the output of the 3 minute timer resets itself again (Back to 0v).
I have included a basic schematic of the current circuits design with the purple showing possible sounder circuit path.

Can anybody recommend the best way to achieve the above??

It was my aim to get the sounder to possibly sound once if the switch was in position '1', twice in position '2' and three time in position '3' but I think this is probably too complicated!! (unless you know and can suggest a way otherwise)

Attachments

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
The typical Annunciator (audio and visual alarm state indication) stays in the alarm state until the required acknowledge button is pushed to place it in a standby audio silenced state while the visual state is still on OR the alarm state is resolved thereby turning off the audio and visual signal condition... So, I am a bit puzzled by just why you want a locked in one shot?

nailtherail

Joined Apr 28, 2019
The typical annunciator may well lock until physically cleared, this doesn't need to be cleared, merely sound a device to warn the user/s of the approach/triggering and then clear itself until it all happens again.