Automation Design Software

AntonisK

Joined Feb 5, 2020
Hello Everyone!
I am a newcomer in the lift sector and as a lift technician I deal daily with troubleshooting in classical automation systems. My question is if you know any affordable or free automation design/simulation software? I want to copy the lift automation schematics in that software and to simulate the function of this automation in a tablet in order for me to be much easier and quicker to solve the faults.

Thank you
Regards

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The only way I know of that includes simulation is PLC software, if you can use this for the lift/elevator functions, it may work.
Max.

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
Hello Everyone!
I am a newcomer in the lift sector and as a lift technician I deal daily with troubleshooting in classical automation systems. My question is if you know any affordable or free automation design/simulation software? I want to copy the lift automation schematics in that software and to simulate the function of this automation in a tablet in order for me to be much easier and quicker to solve the faults.

Thank you
Regards
As mentioned, PLC platforms will have a simulator. Other than that though, I’m not sure you get to where you want to go using that path. Understanding the control methodology and equipment dynamics will enable you to nail down most faults promptly. I have in the past, programmed fault routines into PLC programs that will point to ‘out of bounds’ conditions. Most clients won’t pay for that these days, preferring to call for service as required.

Question; if you wrote the control listing for some piece of equipment, how efficient could you be at troubleshooting it?